VBS.Runauto, also referred to as worm RunAuto is a Visual Basic virus worm that infects Windows folders in local and network computers. After injecting itself into Windows root folders, it will create and install corrupt autorun.vbs, autorun.inf, autorun.exe, autorun.reg, autorun.bat files in system32 and overrun the computer with additional malware threat.
Generally VBS.Runauto infects pc's via adult porn and shareware sites or through spam email advertisements. The VBS.Runauto is a precarious worm that can slow system performance, drop malicious programs and harm important system files!
RunAuto clone vulnerabilities: Worm.VBS.Autorun.ACN, Worm:VBS/Small.K, VBS_AGENT.NBY, VBS.Runauto.D, VBS.Runauto.B, VBS/RunAuto.E, VBS/RunAuto.R, VBS.Runauto.C, Worm.JS.AutoRun.b, VBS/RunAuto.D, vbs.runauto.z, VBS.Runauto.E, Trojan.WinREG.AutoRun.a, VBS/RunAuto.Q, Worm.VBS.Autorun.i, W32/Isetspy-C, VBS.Runauto, VBS/Autorun.worm.k
Common VBS.Runauto worm warning signs:
- Loss of registry keys, dll's and system files data causing common "Blue Screen" error
- Popup blocker utility incapable to hinder pop ups, overwhelmed desktop with porn popups (online and offline)
- Browser start page, search page and error page hijacked by corrupt webpages
- Sluggish Internet surfing performance, long Computer starup and shutdown time
- Desktop screen saver and background picture hijacked by annoying messages
- Unknown RunAuto processes in Windows task manager unknown Pc tower error bleep sounds
- Severely complicated to delete VBS.Runauto manually, memory resident programs
- RunAuto infects Pc via security holes, downloads and installs diverse third party files from outside servers
- Collects Pc activity, alter system logs and generates popup ads matching browsing habits
- RunAuto deactivates active security tools and sends sensitive banking records and system info to outside hacker web sites
Is your Computer infected? Download award-winning remover to find out. Eliminate VBS.Runauto and remove all its parts for good!